The new lady of G-Unit has dropped her debut mixtape “From Paris With Love”, now that we got a chance to hear more about herself on this mixtape it’s about time to review it. Was it worth the wait? or will it just be a mixtape that comes and disappears? Find out what I got to say about the mixtape after the jump.
1. “Everything OK” feat. 50 Cent – We get a Whoo Kidd and then a banging beat for the introduction to Paris new mixtape. She starts out spitting bars and they are vicious and pure fire too. Then we hear 50 Cent on the hook and it fits the beat and the hook makes you seem like a boss. The voice that 50 uses is dope on this track too I could get use to it. The only thing I don’t like are the tags and how in the beginning the track repeats, I can’t stand that shit but other than that it’s fire.
2. “Do Your Thing” feat. 50 Cent, Kidd Kidd and Shaun White – 50 starts out this track and spits some bars and then leaves, I wish he would have spit a little more since the beat is fire and 50′s flow was dope. After that we hear Shaun White and I don’t know too much about this guy but he made this track very hot, the hook got me attached to the song instantly. After the dope hook we hear Paris spitting them raw lyrics and her flow on it is just as dope as 50′s. We also get to hear Kidd Kidd on this track and he did his thing too. Overall this track is my favorite track on the whole mixtape.
3. “DJ Bring It Back” – This is the first track on the mixtape were we can just listen to Paris by herself without any features. The beat is banging, Paris flow is outstanding and the lyrics are crazy! The hook could have been a little better but this track bangs no matter what.
4. “Queens” feat. 50 Cent – We already heard this track on 50 Cent’s “Big 10″ mixtape and I sort of expected it to land on this mixtape since it was mainly Paris spitting on this track. The track is fire overall.
5. “No Hesitation” feat. 50 Cent and Twane – 50 Cent also starts out this track with his regular shit talking, 50 on this track is pretty much Diddy. He’s just talking shit and hyping up Paris and the shit talking never gets old. Paris spits that raw Queens flow and the beat is dope as well. We don’t really hear Twane that much on this track besides doing a little back vocals. Overall a really good track that bangs.
6. “Guns Come Out” feat. Twane – Paris kills this and so does Twane but for some reason this track didn’t really stand out to me that much. I wasn’t feeling it, the flow, beat and lyrics are there but I don’t know it just isn’t my type of hip-hop.
7. “Swagg” – Man when I heard the beat to this I knew it was going to be fire and Paris didn’t disappoint. Her flow is amazing on any beat and she kills it. The hook is pretty good too, I felt like the track could have been a little longer though.
8. “Rida” feat. Kidd Kidd – This track really shows the G-Unit 2.0 potential. The production is just amazing, The hook is done by both Paris and Kidd Kidd and they killed it. Of course as usual Paris kills her verses and even Kidd Kidd does his thing.
9. “Trick” feat. 50 Cent – This track I wasn’t feeling at all. What 50 Cent did on the hook is that annoying ass “I’m On It” voice that he uses it and it just sounds horrible to me. The production is pretty good and Paris does alright too. The hook is what mainly ruined this track though.
10. “Love” – Paris does another solo track and this track is just smooth and dope. I think Paris is singing on the hook and if she is then she is an amazing singer and rapper. Honestly more talented then Nicki Minaj, this track is just good overall, nice verses, smooth hook and great production.
11. “No More” – This track is probably the second best track on this mixtape because Paris really expresses her feelings and what she’s been through in life and that’s what I like to hear. The hook is perfect, the production is on point and she does her thing again.
- This mixtape has tags all over it that are super annoying especially the one’s where they replay the track. It’s super easy to fix all Paris has to do is drop the NO DJ version. I also think that most of these tracks aren’t mix or mastered to their full potential or it might be just the tags that mess up the track.
- I felt like the mixtape was too short, maybe 15 tracks would have been nice but there isn’t much to complain about since it’s a free mixtape.
+ Paris really holds her own on this mixtape and proves that 50 Cent signed the right girl on G-Unit. She can sing and rap better then Nicki Minaj can and I don’t see her selling out at all. With Paris it’s pretty much what you see is what you get and that’s what I like about her, we need more female MC’s like this.
+ The Production is fire and all the tracks fit Paris perfectly and so do the features.
9 OUT OF 10