Here goes my (Quake) review for Lil Wayne’s highly anticipated album “Tha Carter IV”, does it even compare to Carter 3? you will have to check out my review to find out, once again I’m putting all of my hate aside for this, I’m simply listening to the tracks and judging them from what I hear, I would like it if you guys did your own reviews on the album too on the comment section I would love to read what you guys thought about it, now with that said check out my review after the jump.
1. “Intro” – This track wasn’t that good and not a good way to start out the album, at least the intro was an actual track though, instead of someone talking, other then that, not an impressive track, usual Wayne verses.
2. “Blunt Blowin” – This track separates from the production on this album, I liked most of what Wayne said on the track, some of what he said makes no sense, but it’s Lil Wayne, nothing is going to make sense, the production is dope, the hook is pretty nice too, overall track isn’t that good though it makes me think of I Am Not A Human Being when listening to it.
3. “MegaMan” – This track also reminds me of IANAHB also, the production is okay, the Wayne verses are the same, talking about robbing and or kidnapping people, no creativity.
4. “6 Foot, 7 Foot” feat. Cory Gunz – This track was the first offering for C4 and it was good at first but after awhile it got boring, it has some clever lines, but overall nothing that good, Cory Gunz helped make this track a little better, the beat on this track didn’t impress me either.
5. “Nightmares of the Bottom” – Once again not a special track, production sucked, nothing to like on this track, it also has no hook which is stupid, Wayne has lost his creativity.
6. “She Will” feat. Drake – This track is one of the stand out tracks on the album, it has some amazing production, Drake killed the hook, Weezy did his thing on the verses and I couldn’t wait till this dropped, It also had a different sound from the usual tracks on the album which I liked.
7. “How To Hate” feat. T-Pain – This is just an album filler, I don’t why it made the album, nothing dope on this track at all, the production sucks, T-Pain sounds horrible, and Wayne had some okay bars.
8. “Interlude” feat. Tech N9ne – I don’t know what to say about this, I have no clue why it’s on the album, sort of doesn’t make sense, Tech N9ne stole the show, and no Weezy.
9. “John” feat. Rick Ross – This track sounds like all of the same stuff, mostly Rick Ross material type of music, the production is what made this song bad, Lil Wayne rapping about the same stuff, killing, robbing, sex and kidnapping, Weezy lost his sense of creativity once again, a horrible choice for a single too, Rick Ross had one good line that I loved on this track “I got a choppa in the car, UGH!”.
10. “Abortion” – Another track about senseless stuff, rapping about the same stuff, sounds like a rock track from the start, I thought by the title it would be a good track and actually talk about something, but once again Weezy dissapoints.
11. “So Special” feat. John Legend – This track was pretty good, I like the production, John Legend made this track even better, Lil Wayne sort of switched up the Wayne he raps, but same type of content once again, In my opinion John Legend stole the show.
12. “How To Love” – Perfect choice for a single, the track blew up, production is okay not the typical Weezy track but you got to have a pop type of track to get your album to do good numbers so I understand it, but when Weezy performs this track live it’s horrible Wayne can’t sing to save his life.
13. “President Carter” – I don’t know why people liked this track so much, production stands out definitely, I liked the sample but overall Wayne disappoints once again rapping about the same stuff by kidnapping people, smoking weed, smashin b*tches..etc…no creativity.
14. “It’s Good” feat. Jadakiss & Drake – I loved this track, Jadakiss killed it, Drake killed it, this track stood out from the usual tracks, Wayne took some shots at Hov which made this track even better because I love to see BEEF, and well overall dope track.
15. “Outro” feat. Bun B, Nas, Shyne & Busta Rhymes – I wasn’t feeling this track as much as other people, the production was okay, Nas killed it, Shyne sounded like a cookie monster I have no clue why he was on this track, Bun B did okay but didn’t really stand out and well Busta Rhymes did his thing too, I’m glad Wayne wasn’t on this track too.
16. “I Like The View” – The hook on this track sucked, production was okay, I’m glad it was a bonus track because it was the same stuff from Lil Wayne, same production type of tracks, no creativity once again.
17. “Mirror” feat. Bruno Mars – This is the best track on the whole album, Lil Wayne actually rapped about something this time and none of that bullshit lyrics, he rapped about his life and it was really dope, the production was amazing, Bruno Mars made the track even more better, I have no clue why this track ended up as a bonus track and I have no clue why they didn’t choose this track as a single either, stupid choices from the YMCMB team, this track made me have hope in Wayne.
18. “Two Shots” – The hook sucked, Wayne rapped about the same stuff, just horrible, glad it was a bonus cut.
19. – “Up Up & Away” – Same stuff, glad it was a bonus cut, nothing more to say.
Now for my overall thoughts, I was anticipating this album like crazy after hearing She Will I thought this album would be the best album of 2011 but I was wrong just goes to show you should never judge an album by one track, the album disappointed like crazy, Wayne rapped about the same stuff with NO originality or creativity all I heard was him rapping about kidnapping people, smoking weed, his goons, him being a blood, smashing girls and that’s about it over and over again, this album disappointed beyond belief I have no clue why its even selling as much as it did, to be honest with you I think Watch The Throne is a better album, This album also made me think it was I Am Not A Human Being 2 because most of the production and bars sounded like it belonged on I Am Not A Human Being, like I said no creativity. Wayne fans will buy ANYTHING with Lil Wayne on it even if it sounds this horrible, but it did have some good tracks like “Mirror” which I really liked, “She Will” and “It’s Good” other then that this is the worst Carter installment to be released, no hate either, how much an album sells doesn’t make or break the album either, I’ve seen albums sell lower then 30k but still be better then this.
I give this album a 4 OUT OF 10.